The first wealth is health. ~Emerson
Did you know that proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle can prevent many major diseases 60-90% of the time?! Every day you make choices that will either improve your health or harm it. Good health is a choice, which means that disease (in many cases) is also a choice.
Also, did you know?
• 80% of all heart disease in women is preventable
• 90% of all type 2 diabetes is preventable
• 33% of all children born today can expect a shorter life than their parents
• Up to 38% decline in the nutrient content of crops, according to a 2004 report
• 2000% increase in fast food sales over the past 30 years
The good news is that the very latest research suggests you can positively influence your health every day through the lifestyle changes you make and through the quality of your nutritional intake.
Many of the world’s leading experts in medicine, biochemistry, and nutrition believe nutritional supplementation positively affects overall health. If you want to improve your health, be sure to get some of the most important nutrients your body and your brain need to function optimally: a good multivitamin, vitamin D, calcium, B vitamins, vitamin C, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and probiotics.
Does it seem like the wild, wild, west when choosing supplements, especially since the industry is not regulated by the FDA? Today more than ever, there are more and more products coming on the market that are advertised as cure-alls for everything. It’s like the wild, wild west out there – buyer beware! So what should one look for when choosing a supplement? Here are some basic tips:
- Research the manufacturer- how long have they been in the business? Are they reputable? Have they had products recalled?
- Look for clinical studies on their products- does the product actually work and are there studies to prove it? Who conducted the studies? Are those studies peer-reviewed?
- Look for natural ingredients on the label – avoid artificial sweeteners, flavors, and preservatives
- Look for a company that focuses on safety and quality. Can you trust that they are free of contaminants? If one company’s supplement is much cheaper than the other- there is probably a good reason- what short cuts have they taken in their product testing?
Starting today, make an investment in yourself!